Sunday, July 18, 2010

Back on the road after a big week.

After a much needed nap this afternoon I got out for a run. I hoped to go for about 2 hours as I took yesterday off. The nap ran a little bit long so I settled for 1.5 hours. It was odd getting out for a run right after waking up. I felt a little foggy for the first few minutes. I didn't plan a route so I decided on the fly to run out to the top of Fox Island and back, then around to the top of the tunnel trail, down it and back home. I thought I'd get between 12 and 13 miles. It ended up being just under 12 miles and I added almost a half mile of cool down running around the block near the house. I felt pretty good, I kept a pretty steady pace the whole run, felt strong up the long climb to the top of Fox Island and ran well overall.

Time: 1:34:58
Dist: 12.2
Avg: 7:46/mi

My slowest mile was up the hill with an 8:10, the fastest was a 6:52 coming back down it. Otherwise I was keeping them between 7:43 and 8:00. It's not as fast as I'd like to be if I were going to run a marathon (no plans currently) but it is a little hilly around here which adds a bit of time to my splits.

This run gets me over 100 for the month pretty early. Last week I ended up running 47.4 miles which is the highest mileage week I've had since running the Helen Klein 50M in late '02. Wow.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

great job on the miles!

nrmrvrk said...

Thanks Tricia. I'll do ya proud. :)