Sunday, June 20, 2010

Vatertag

I had a great Father's Day today, good stuff to include:

Sleeping in
Breakfast in Bed comfy chair
Great card and a pound of Macadamia nuts from my daughter
Some of my favorite cousins and their kids visiting
Getting out for a short run with one of said cousins
Good food (incl. homemade Guacamole and brownies... eaten separately)
Taking the brood to the beach

No complaints about the day really, I could mention the boy waking me up at 4am but I'd rather not.

The run was pretty pedestrian, just my local "One Store" loop with my cousin. I do probably 96% of my running alone so it's nice when I can get out for a run with someone else. It was great talking the whole time and showing him the roads / trails I run so often. The run goes by so quickly when you have so much to talk about the whole time. I didn't bother with the Garmin so I'll just have to guess that we were around a 9 min pace. It didn't feel slow, just very comfortable. I'm loving the mid/forefoot running style that I'm developing as is my knee.

The only downside was that I only managed time for 4.3 miles. I'll have trouble getting runs in next week as I'm in vendor training and won't have much spare time to run. I'll just have to bring my gear and hope for the best I guess.

Time: ??
Dist: 4.35
Avg: 9:00/mi ??

One thing of note is that this run put me over 500 miles for the year to date. Nothing spectacular, but on track to break 1000, something I haven't done since 2004. I'd like to hit 1500 miles for the year now that I can do back-to-back days again. With my limited time to train I'm happy with 500 so far. Not to mention that I only managed 29 miles in May with my knee recovering from the 50K and the trip to Hawaii:


Jan:    89.9
Feb:   78.2
Mar:   140.1
Apr:    92.9
May:   29.2
Jun:    70.9













3 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on breaking 500 miles!! :)

Melissa said...

oh, and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! ( a day late...lol )

nrmrvrk said...

Thanks and thanks!