Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Steady miles

It rained on and off today. I have two pair of wet shoes at home and I didn't want to have a third so I opted for the (too) warm gym and the hamstermill. I have two weeks to go until my A Race so I'm starting my two weeks of taper. My legs were still a little sore from Sunday's adventure in the rain with the jog stroller, so I set the treadmill for 7 minute miles with a 2.5% elevation. It wasn't a comfortable pace but it was something that I could maintain while my iPod shuffled some music for me.

I don't really love or hate running on the treadmill. It's just another option to get a run in to me. If I'm pressed for time or want to run faster than I'm able to outside (ie: 36 min 10K) it's useful but I'd rather be on the trails.

I won't run tomorrow so today caps off the month for me. After a lackluster January (90 miles) and being sick in February (80 miles) I was able to rebound strongly in March and run 140 miles. Sure it's less than guys like Anton Krupicka run in a week but it's what I have time for and it should be enough to finish the 50K race strong.

Time: 41:55
Dist: 6.0
Avg: 6:59

2 comments:

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

All I've got to say is wow! I'm marathon training, and I still don't run 140 in a month! You rocked this past month!

nrmrvrk said...

Thanks. I hope it leaves me in good form for my race in two weeks. What's your next race? The 1/2 IM?