Monday, March 1, 2010

Rec-ugggh-very run

Two weekends in a row now I've missed my long run. I was planning to do 19 on Saturday but thought that I'd try a new diet starting on Thursday morning. It's called The Stomach Flu diet. You can eat as much as you want as long as your stomach can handle it. My diet was limited to: Saltines, Cup-o-Noodles, toast, and Gatorade. Three of those things I don't normally eat, and the other (Toast) mostly for breakfast. The good thing about being sick all weekend was that I haven't had that much rest in a long time. The whole family went on the diet with me so the wife and I took turns either napping or watching the kids.

I started to come out of it on Sunday afternoon but didn't want to risk even a short run with my angry intestines. I feel about 95% better today so I went out at lunch and took a recovery run. I couldn't manage Tempo or speed work so I just trotted out to the Bridle Trails, looped around in the mud and horse flop and headed back. Even at a medium/slow pace my stomach was still bothered. The upside was that it was in the mid 50s and sunny out. A beautiful March afternoon.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my long run at this point. It's been almost a month since my 16 mile run. I need to get in gear if I'm going to be ready for the 50K in just over a month. I'm thinking either early one day this week or one last shot at it this coming weekend.

Today's numbers:
Dist: 4.85
Time: 39:12
Avg: 8:05/mi

Oh, and the results of the diet? Lost 3 lbs.

No comments: