Thursday, March 4, 2010

sawtooth patterns

I still didn't feel 100% yesterday when I got out for my work loop run and I'm planning to do my 20 mile make-up run on Friday morning. I didn't want to kill my legs but still wanted more than junk / recovery (recovering from what?) miles so I decided to run my normal somewhat hilly loop and alternate 1 min. hard followed by 2 min. easy. I did a mile of warm-up and a mile of cool-down to book end the pick-ups. Some of the hard minutes came up during uphill sections which helped to boost my effort and HR. The graph on Garmin Training Center was a nice sawtooth pattern in the middle of the run for HR, speed, and pace. I guess it was a simple Fartlek run.

The weather was nice, partly sunny and low 50s. Not much to report about the run, It was pretty average.

The part that I'm worried about is even getting out the door tomorrow for my make-up long run. I have the course plotted and I'm not worried about the distance. I'm worried that my 6-month old will be waking me up every hour tonight so that I don't get enough sleep to be functional at 5am when I need to get on the road and run. I don't know why he's been so anti-running lately but the little guy seems to have it in for those who want more than an hour or two of sleep at a time.

No comments: