Monday, December 7, 2009

Twenty Eight!?

I missed yesterdays run. I'd planned to get out for a couple of hours but just ran out of time and wasn't really motivated to run with high winds and low temps (low 30s).

I was back at work today and the temp at lunch was 28F. I bundled up and walked over to the gym to run on the treadmill. It's easier than running outdoors but not nearly as enjoyable. I decided to try some speedwork and after a 1.5 mile warm-up @ 8:00/mi I ran 4 x 800m @ 3:00 each with 400m slow jogging between. It went fine but it's not the same as real track work.

Overall I managed:

Dist: 4.5mi.
Time: 34:00

I'm toying around with my training but I have no races / goals currently. I have a few ideas for races to try but nothing scheduled yet. I hope to run at least one 50K next year and break my PR in the 10K. I might try running another marathon.

I just hope I can keep the training up with the cold weather.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: